1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.
2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
5. Always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Don’t underestimate free throws in a game of ‘horse’.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first boy/girlfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. A suntan is earned, not bought.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.
21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with the new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way, take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.
81. You are what you do, not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter.
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun than sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.—a high school teacher’s list of 100 wisest words (via live-la-bella-e-vita)
A man admittedly followed and killed an innocent teenager, and was declared not guilty.
States are passing laws allowing guns in public schools.
Women are losing their reproductive rights at an increasingly alarming rate.
Riots are tearing through the streets in cities all over the world.
College tuition keeps rising, sending a generation into debt as soon as they are entering the adult world.
Education funds keep getting slashed.
Privacy no longer exists.
Corporations now have the same rights as people, and the funds to actually protect them.
Through loopholes, many U.S. Corporations pay a lower tax rate than middle class families.
States are now passing more voter ID laws and similar laws that only affect the lower class.
The corporate giant, Monsanto, has pretty much purchased and bribed its way into every grocery product on the shelf, resulting in food becoming less and less like, well, food. There are reasons Cancer rates are getting worse.
Likewise, Monsanto is making sure small American farmers are ran out of business. Also, their constant pesticide use is killing bees and other insects, causing dire environmental issues.
The mass media is more concerned with pop culture and trends, than the real issues the world is facing.
Human population is ever growing, and at rapid rates. It can’t just continue this way.
We have put so much trash in giant landfills all over our world and in our oceans. We are killing our planet.
By planet you mean we are killing ourselves.
Can we also pay attention to the fact that there aren’t just political problems going on???
I mean, seriously, I have been trying to tell everyone, BUT NO ONE IS EVEN REBLOGGING THE ARTICLES THAT COULD SAVE A LIFE
While all this is happening, the Pacific Ocean is being contaminated by not just trash, but Radiation.
There was a leak in the Fukushima power plant that has now poisoned the entire Pacific Ocean.
Some think that oh, maybe it will go away with time. Sure, it will, in about 16 million years. Yes, you read that right. Due to the long half life of iodine-129, the whole ecosystem of the Pacific Coast will be contaminated pretty much forever.
Here is the radiation levels in the ocean.
Everyone needs to wake up.
The government needs to be set straight. They were hiding this information so that people don’t panic. Well, now everyone’s gonna die and not know why.
Shit is going down, and we need to make sure EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING that is happening in this place we call home.
Holy fucking shit
fukushima is one of the scariest things going on and it’s literally getting less attention than that real houswives couple who are going to prison.
whoa whoa whoa not cool guys read pls
Ten Major Artists:
Wong Wong & Lulu
Pepper examining himself before commencing a self-portrait
Tiger the spontaneous reductionist
Misty goes off the wall
Minnie, the abstract expressionist
Minnie’s Reindeer in Provence, 1992.
Smokey painting after an hour in the catnip patch
Smokey at work
Ginger’s Stripped Bare Birds, 1992.
Princess, the elemental fragmentist
Charlie, the peripheral realist
this literally makes me so happy
Hello my lovelies~ I’ve been thinking about this lately and decided to do a giveaway. Because who doesn’t like free stuff? Now what exactly am I giving away?
1ST PLACE PRIZE WINNER:
- will receive a Ghost Cos Miku Hatsune Wig!
- A colored drawing of a character/themselves of their choice.
2ND PLACE PRIZE WINNER:
- will receive a Kyouko short sandy blonde wig!
- A drawing of a character/themselves of their choice.
I realize this way not be a lot, but for any cosplayer who is in need of wigs I’m sure they will enjoy this!
- MUST be following me, persocum. Obviously, it would be rude to enter this without following the person giving away free stuff.
- Reblog this post. You can reblog it ONCE a day. The reason for reblogging once a day, is that the entry on raffle copter only works once a day. So when you reblog it on here, just go on rafflecopter and submit the webaddress. Maybe tag it as giveaway for anyone blacklisting it.
- Ages 13+ can enter.. If you are under 16 years old, I suggest you just ask your parents if you can give out your address.
- Must be willing to give out address.
- You can like this post for reference, but they do not count.
- WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN WITH RAFFLECOPTER. I’m using rafflecopter to document how many reblogs a person does, as Tumblr is known to delete notes.
- FOR PEOPLE(S) INSIDE THE UNITED STATES ONLY. I’m sorry! Shipping outside the US will be expensive for me.
- If you do win, you have 2 days to respond back to me!
- Enter on my RAFFLECOPTER giveaway! PLEASE, if you simply just want to reblog this post, go on rafflecopter to enter just that one if you want! Want a better chance of winning? Then complete the other rafflecopter entires!
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS!
- Winner will be chosen on October 1st, 2014!
- This giveaway is not sponsored or affiliated with Tumblr at all. I am giving away stuff I own.
- That being said, both wigs are like-new, only worn once or twice both. I live in a smoke-free home, and both wigs were handled with care. If you do not like receiving a wig already worn, I’m sorry.
- If this post does not get over 100-300 notes by the end of August, I am cancelling it.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please message me! I will happy answer you, and even provide real photos of the wigs!
- THANK YOU, READ THE RULES PLEASSSEEEE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
This is my 12th giveaway and there are many more to come! Good luck everyone. Winners selected on 8/20/14 <3
Holidays on tumblr are the best, everything turns into a joke.
on birthdays our life’s a joke
The difference between nerds and geeks.
That’s it. I found it. The thing that finally made me actually understand the difference.
There it is. It has been said.
DEAN, IT’S NICE TO KNOW YOU’VE FOUND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR
from now on I’m going to convey sarcasm over the internet by typing like this
oh wow look how sarcastic that looks
that actually does look really sarcastic though. this is revolutionary
DEAR GOD SOMEONE HAS INVENTED THE SARCASM FONT THIS IS A TIME FOR CELEBRATION
The best part of the video may be when Jackson addresses the comments she’s heard about her daughter and sets the record straight about statements like you “wanted a girl so you turned your child into one” and “kids have no idea what they want or who they are — my kids wants to be a dog, should I let him?”
Chills down my whole body. This is how parents should react.
self care ideas ( ◠ ᴥ ◠ )
- eat fruit or something sweet
- take a warm bath with lots of bubbles!!
- brush hair gently
- walk outside barefoot, look at nice flowers
- listen to soft nice music
- go to the thrift store and buy nice old clothes
- bake something
- do laundry and make clothes smell nice
- brush cat